Dream about your future travel and let yourself be inspired to discover the beauty of the Hawaiian IslandsI discover
Prepare your trip to Hawaii for free thanks to our hundreds of useful tips and travel guides!I go for it
LET YOURSELF BE SEDUCED the Hawaiian Islands
Of all the places in the world we have discovered, Hawaii remains our favorite destination, as much for its beauty as for its diversity! It is a small paradise where it is good to live, in the heart of a rich tropical vegetation and a protected ecosystem.
Its 4 main islands: Kauai, Oahu, Maui and Big Island all have very different attractions and are worth a visit. Volcanoes, lush forests, beaches of all colors... In the ocean, the marine fauna is rich and abundant. Finally, the history of the first inhabitants has been preserved and traditions are still largely perpetuated in the islands.
So to finish convincing you, we have selected 4 articles to let you discover and dream of Hawaii.
THE ESSENTIALS TO PREPARE YOUR TRIP in Hawaii
You are now more than motivated to discover Hawaii! To help you organize the trip of your dreams, we have prepared a selection of practical articles that will help you define the main lines of your trip, including budget, itineraries and duration of your stay in the islands, accommodations and car rental.
We have completed this section with other very useful practical articles that will give you a lot of information to help you plan your stay in Hawaii.
Save money on car rental
Tips to plan your trip
Best time to go
Best places and hotels
Explore the Hawaiian Islands
Due to its location near the Tropic of Cancer and its intense volcanic activity, Hawaii has almost every type of climate in the world! The result is a beautiful and incredibly diverse landscape, which is mainly spread over the 4 islands of Kauai, Oahu, Maui and Big Island.
We fell in love with the Hawaiian islands where we have already been 3 times, to discover it, to marry there and to write a guidebook. We have spent more than 100 days in Hawaii, going to every nook and cranny of the main islands to reveal you all our advices and feedback. You will find more than 50 articles that will allow you to discover the islands of Hawaii by area. The regions on the maps are clickable.
- The North of Big Island
- The Mauna Kea
- Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- The North Shoreline of Kona: paradisiacal beaches and beautiful walks
- The Puna region
- The south of Big Island: amazing green and black sand beaches
- What to do in Hilo: seaside, waterfalls and lava tunnel
- From Waipi'o to Hilo: the tropical coast of Big Island
- South Kona: snorkeling and Hawaiian culture
- Pu’u Wa’awa’a Cinder Cone
- Kiholo Bay
- Kilauea Iki Trail
- Nāpau Trail
- Snorkeling with Manta rays in Hawaii: an unforgettable experience!
- Swimming with dolphins: an excursion not to be missed!
- Kekaha Kai State Park
- The ponds of Kalahuipua'a
- Kaloko-Honokōhau National Historical Park
- The Wailua River and its surroundings
- Waimea Canyon
- Nā Pali Coast: our guide to discover the wild coast of Kauai
- Hidden beaches and northern bays
- What to do around Poipu
- Les plages du nord-est de Kauai
- What to see around Waimea
- Eastern beaches from Lihue to Kapa'a
- The TOP of the most beautiful hikes in Kauai
- Kuilau Ridge Trail
- Alakai Swamp Trail
- Sleeping Giant trail
- Honopu Ridge Trail
- Maha'ulepu Heritage Trail
- Kalalau Trail
- Secret falls (Uluwehi falls)
- Flying over Kauai: plane or helicopter?
- Discover South Maui from the Piilani Highway (HI 31)
- Southwestern beaches: from Kihei to Āhihi
- Hāna Highway
- The beaches of West Maui
- Driving the Kahekili Highway: the wild coast of northern Maui
- Beaches around Kahului: waves, surfin and turtles
- Hanakaoo Parkoapili Trail: walking along the waterfront in Maui
- Waihe'e Ridge Trail
- Pīpīwai Trail
- Visit the 'Iao Valley: Maui's little green gem
- Visit Pearl Harbor
- What to do on a quick tour of Oahu
- Around Waikīkī
- Southeast Oahu: scenic views, beaches and hikes not to be missed
- In the heart of Oahu: visit of the pineapple and coffee plantations
- East Shore of Oahu: beaches, landscapes and points of interest
- The beaches of the North Shore of Oahu: surfing and snorkeling
- Kaiwa Ridge (Lanikai Pillbox) trail
- Kuli’ou’ou Ridge trail
- Koko Crater Trail
WHAT TO DO, WHAT TO SEE in Hawaii
Amazing volcanoes, hundreds of beaches, breathtaking hikes or snorkeling with manta rays, turtles, dolphins and whales... You won't have time to get bored in Hawaii! To access directly to the list of all the points of interest, hikes or activities to do, click on the colored circle of your choice. You will then be able to refine your selection according to the islands.
USE THE MAP TO LOCATE POINTS OF INTEREST AND HIKES
Use the interactive map to locate Hawaii's points of interest and hiking opportunities. You can then access detailed information about each location by clicking on its pop-up.